Becky Moore 2020
Woo, ink, stitch
Part of a small series of 4 works inspired by memories of Cyprus
Framed art. Work measures approx 10cm x10cm. Frame is 25cmx25cm
In 1982, as an impressionable 18 year old, I spent a month in Cyprus. It was an emotional landmark of a trip, coming to terms with adulthood, the loss of my mother 2 years before, the disasterous relationship with my father, and the experimentation in independence and freedom. The memories of that month and Cyprus have haunted me forever. I knew returning there in 2019 wouldn't be the same - the Cyprus I knew has changed beyond recognition, the Becky I knew has disolved in time. But the turquoise sea and the sandy earth remain, as do the memories.
Framed in 25cmx25cm square foil covered fibreboard, with acrylic front.
As with all art, take care of it to keep it in top condition:
- Hang it out of direct sunlight
- Avoid hanging above direct heat sources such as a fireplace or radiator
- Keep the frame clean, by dusting it regularly with a soft duster, to avoid accumulations of dust which may damange the work
- Keep information about the work (artist, signature, date etc - all included on back of each work and on back of frame) with the work.
- Avoid hanging in dirty or steam filled areas such as garages, kitchens or bathrooms as dust, steam and grease will damage the work.
- wrap the frame well when transporting it, using heavy cardboard on the front and back.